Geometry + Simulation
This NFN needs an effective coordination with a focus on the all-important goal of achieving synergy of the participating research groups. In order to achieve this goal, the NFN will be governed by the council, consisting of all principal investigators, which is chaired jointly by the coordinator and its deputy.
The coordinator of the NFN is Bert Jüttler (Linz). The deputy coordinator is Otmar Scherzer (Vienna). Both have considerable experience in managing large research projects. They will be supported by their secretaries, and by a part-time system administrator (employed by this subproject).
This subproject is the instrument for organizing and managing the NFN. This includes the following responsibilities for coordination and service:
- Technical and administrative coordination of all project activities, including cost controlling.
- Organization of Meetings, Seminars, Lectures, Workshops and Conferences:
- At least two plenary NFN meetings per year. One of these meetings will be organized in conjunction with the International Annual NFN Workshop, the other with the internal annual NFN seminar (see below).
- The international annual NFN workshop will provide an opportunity for the exchange of information between the participants in the NFN and other researchers working on the topics of the NFN. The responsibility for the organization of the International Annual NFN Workshop will be assigned to one of the research groups participating in the NFN in dependence of the topics of the workshop.
- The internal annual NFN seminar will be devoted to the scientific communication within the NFN. All members of the projects are required to participate in the seminar. The coordination of the NFN Seminar will be assigned to one of the participating research groups.
- The NFN will also invite visiting scientists for giving special lectures and courses on NFN topics, especially, for the young scientists (Ph.D. students and postdocs).
- Coordination of the guest programme.
- Coordination of the traveling activities.
- Administration of the central resources.
- Maintaining the web site and the Technical Report Series of the NFN, which will be accessible through the homepage.